Restoring Our Lost Legacy: Christianity's Hebrew Heritage
"This is one of the best books available to explain our Hebrew roots. I recommend it to everyone!" Robin Sampson
Restoring Our Lost Legacy presents vivid images of Christianity's heritage in the Hebrew faith to include:
Biblical Judaism - The Root of Christianity
Hold to God's Unchanging Hand
Christ, Our Righteousness
Jewish Jesus or Cosmic Christ?
The Secret of Fulfilling the Law
"W've been robbed!" These words of a Methodist bishop in Brazil, an Anglican church leader in India, and a Pentecostal overseer in Africa express the sentiments of thousands of Christians when they discover through the challenging teaching of Dr. John D. Garr the extent to which they have been deprived of the Hebrew heritage of their Christian faith.
For the past nineteen centuries, millions of believers have been denied their biblical legacy, the riches of the Hebrew foundations of their faith. Christian Judaeophobia, anti-Judaism, and anti-Semitism have conspired to rob them of the treasures of their inheritance.S criptural archaeologists have been digging in the Word of God and have begun to uncover bits and pieces of this lost legacy. Scholars of various denominations have awakened to the realization that our over-Hellenized, over-Latinized Christian faith needs to be restored to its original context. This call to reclaim Christianity's Judaic heritage seems radical and even revolutionary to some; however, it is both scriptural and prophetic, for everything biblical is to be restored at the time of the Messianic age (Acts 3:20, 21).
This volume presents selected essays in which Dr. Garr urges the church to recover its Hebrew heritage, its connection with the Jewish matrix which produced it. These pages call Christians back to the Bible, to the roots of faith that enrich lives and equip believers to achieve greater spiritual maturity through a more comprehensive understanding of Jesus, our Jewish Lord. Restoring Our Lost Legacy is one of the seminal books of our time!
Join the growing numbers of those who are rediscovering and claiming their long-lost spiritual legacy, Christianity's heritage in biblical Judaism!
Restoring Our Lost Legacy
Table of Contents
1. Biblical Judaism?--The Root of Christian Faith
2. Hold To God's Unchanging Hand
3. Is God Really All That Fickle?
4. There's Only One Way!
5. Jewish Jesus or Cosmic Christ?
6. A Perfect Sacrifice--Foundation of Christian Faith
7. Christ, Our Righteousness
8. Raised Again For Our Justification
9. Nailed to The Cross
10. The Faith of Abraham and God's Covenant People
11. Love: God's Eternal Plan Fulfilled
12. The Secret of Fulfilling the Law
13. The Indwelling Holy Spirit
14. Worship--Man's Responsibility, Man's Opportunity
15. Yahweh's Liturgical Calendar
16. Koinonia--Communion with God and Man
17. What's In a Symbol?
18. This Is My Name Foreve
19. Biblical Ecumenism--God's Challenge to the Church
20. Lion or Lamb? The Messianic Question
21. Israel's Divine Appointment
22. Don't Let Anti-Semitism Ruin Your Health
23. Bringing Back the Ark--A Paradigm for Restoration
24. Restoration of Christianity's Judaic Heritage
Books by Dr. John Garr
About the Author: Dr. John Garr
Dr. Garr's teaching ministry is unique in that it combines excellency in scholarship with intense spirituality and personal integrity. An Academician with a pastor's heart, Dr. Garr explains great theological truths in terms all Christians can understand and incorporate in their lives. He challenges and inspires believers to pursue a biblically sound faith rooted in the Hebraic heritage of Jesus and the apostles. For more see HebrewaiCommunity.org
This Book is a Must Have for anyone interested in our Hebrew roots!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Books ordered from Dr.Garr may experience up to a 2-week delay, at times where Dr. Garr travels. All other books on this site are shipped within 48 hours.